Earplugs are a must.
They serve a variety of purposes such as:
1. blocking noise from a noisy suitemate or roommate who is awake at some ungodly hour
2. blocking the noise from snoring
3. if you snore, give them too your roommate. it's a nice gesture
4. if your dormroom is located in some proximity to stairs
(the noisy wooden ones), you will thanks me
5. if someone who lives above you has a 7:40 class on the days when you get to sleep in...
plus a variety of other reasons.
a sleep mask is also a good addition.
hope this was helpful